We Have A Winner!
Wow! Spence says there were lots of great entries and it was really tough to decide. Admin kept telling him to remember the Red Queen. The Red Queen? A perp, maybe. If so, she’ll be wearing an orange jumpsuit pretty soon, although that’s a bit confusing, red and … Not going to give it another thought.
Anyway, congratulations to Wookie of Chevy Chase, whose answers are below. (The original questions are at the June 23 post.) If Wookie will email Spence (email@example.com) an address, a signed and paw-stamped advance reading copy of To Fetch A Thief will be on its way. Admin says to say that advance reading copies are bound printers proofs from before the final corrections, and Spence says he did make some corrections so the ARC is not exactly the same as the final book will be (coming Sept. 28). Honorable mention to Kelly Horn, J. Dawson, and Nancy Drew. Also, Little Detective Agency business cards are going out to anyone who requested them.
1. Who was Bernie’s favorite boxer? Sugar Ray Robinson
Argument for someone else. Sugar Ray was great, but Muhammed Ali was The Greatest. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Rope-a-dope against George Forman. The Thriller in Manilla rematch with Smokin’ Joe Frazier. Sports Illustrated recognized him as Sportman of the Century. Larger than life in so many ways.
2. Who is the Pepsi guy in Coke country. Disco
What is Canada’s Pepsi province — Quebec
Pepsi is our favorite in Chevy Chase too (actually Diet Pepsi)
3. What hides the safe in Bernie’s office. A picture of Niagara fall.
Significance: two possibilities — Most likely relates to Bernie’s fascination with water and acquifers, although could be related to the vaudeville sketch “slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch . . .” in which Niagara Falls is the trigger phrase.
4. According to Bernie, how many galaxies are in the universe? At least a 100 billion
5. Who sang the original version of the song that Cash and Disco liked? Iron Butterfly; is there any extra credit for knowing that “In a Gadda Da Vida” probably derives from “In the Garden of Eden”?
6. Write a sentence or two on the difference between Princess and Babycakes. Princess smells like pepper; Babycakes doesn’t. Babycakes cheats; Princess doesn’t.
Wookie of Chevy Chase
P.S. Say hi to Audrey for me.
Tags: pop quiz
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 1st, 2010 at 8:22 am and is filed under Chet The Dog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.